How to use the import tool to import employees and employee data via CSV file
1. Click Import in the Left Nav to expand the options and select Employees
A Sample file will download to your device.
3. Open the sample file from the browser or from the Downloads folder. Spreadsheet software such as Excel or Libre Office Calc is required for the following steps.
4. Enter employee data into the fields. The Required Fields must be filled to continue.
* Drop-down options may vary based on what's been added to your account
Unique ID assigned to employees
* Can be numeric or alphanumeric
|First Name||Employee's First Name|
|Last Name||Employee's Last Name|
|Location||Select a Location previously added to your EWS account|
Hire Date of the employee
|FT/PT Status||Select one:
|Pay Type||Select one:
|FLSA Code||Select one:
|Pay Schedule||Select one:
|Pay Rate||Select one:
|Pay Rate Schedule||Select one:
|Pay Change Reason||Select one:
|Expected Hours Behavior||
* Required: Must be None when PayType is Hourly or PayType is Salary and FLSAType is Exempt, must be know for any other case
5. Once you are finished entering the employee data, save the file as a CSV
Excel: Libre Office Calc:
6. Select a date format. This needs to match the formatting in the CSV file.
Matches the Date format selected
Does not match the Date Format selected
7. Click Browse, select the created CSV file, and open it
8. Click to import the CSV file
9. The software will detect fields from the uploaded file. Match the names with the respective fields.
10. Click Validation & Preview to submit the file
You should now see the employees populate in the employee list